Hi! My name is Alissa.
I help individuals who are looking to reduce their symptoms, improve their health and are wanting support and guidance from a coach who gets their struggle.
We will work together to discover the root cause of your symptoms so you can start feeling more energetic, have less pain and experience improved digestion.
Healing can involve many things, including nutrition, movement and mindset. We will be able to address how these areas intersect to best create a healing environment for your body. I will explore your health history, current symptoms and from there we will create desired goals. With these goals we will be able to make actionable steps to achieve them.
- Nutrition: Everyone is different and there is no one size fits all approach. Whether you are diving into AIP/Paleo, or going Keto, finding the specific foods that work for your body are the most important. I will help you learn to become aware of what your body is telling you and how the foods you eat are affecting your body.
- Movement: Moving your body is essential to health and this looks different for everyone as well. I’ll help you figure out what is best for you. Based on your health, where you are currently and your goals, we’ll figure out what will make you feel good in your body. This could be anywhere from gentle yoga to a full workout plan.
- Mindset: This can be the most important piece of the puzzle! How we view the world around us and how we interact with our world, can have a significant impact on our health and well being.
My Promise to You
I am very invested in the coaching clients I have and the coaching process. I fully believe that coaching can have an incredible impact on someone’s life, and therefore I put forth a great deal of effort into the process. I promise I will do everything in my power to help you reach your goals. If something isn’t working quite right, we will try another solution. I believe that everyone has the capacity for healing and creating a life of optimal wellness and I will help you realize what that looks like for you.
Do I know what I’m talking about?
I like to think that generally, I have a good head on my shoulders. But I also am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, NASM- Certified Personal Trainer and am a NTC (Nutritional Therapy Consultant).
I also have struggled with my own health issues, Multiple Sclerosis, since 2009. This has left me dealing with significant pain, fatigue and sensory issues (to name the major ones). I have gone through my own illness to wellness journey and know the intense struggle that is.
Coaching is best utilized at a length of 3 months or more. This gives optimal time for you to try different strategies and find out what works best for you. 3 months also allows for progress to seen, changes to programs or suggestions to be attempted.
However, I do understand that sometimes this commitment is not possible, yet you still want help with changing your lifestyle. This is why I do offer coaching on a monthly basis as well.
Coaching sessions are done by phone or Skype. Coaching is also available for in person sessions if you live in the Boston area. I will send a re-cap email to you after all coaching sessions, going over what we discussed and including any notes or homework we discussed.
For movement coaching sessions we can use Skype for form checks and demonstrations. Phone video can also be used when needed. I will also be sending programs via email and check ins can be done via email/text as well.
Each month you are a client with me you’ll receive:
- 60 minute Skype/phone call at the beginning of the month to review your intake form, health assessment, discuss your plan and goals for the month.
- 30 minute follow up call two weeks after initial call to check on status and get updates.
- Email/text support throughout the month to follow up on your current progress and answer any in the moment questions.
- Document support: meal plans, hand outs, guides, as needed
Use the contact form below to schedule a FREE 30 min consult call where we can chat about your goals and struggles. If at the end of the phone call, we both decide working together would be a good fit, we can proceed!
I look forward to working with you! 🙂