Work With Me: Health Coaching
I want to help you create a healing lifestyle, a lifestyle that is effortless and easy.
One that doesn’t make you feel totally overwhelmed and lost.
And I totally get it if you’re thinking,
“Yeah, it sound nice, but the easy part sounds impossible!”
But it’s not impossible. It just takes some careful planning, some guidance and some faith.
I also know that it’s possible because I was in the exact same situation years ago…
… sifting through countless hours of information when all I wanted to do was rest..trying to move my body but not knowing what was best because everything hurt so badly..being frustrated to tears (daily) because it seemed like every food was now out of the question for me.
I was so depressed and overwhelmed, I felt like no one understood my struggles.
That is why I want to help you. I want to be the person that I needed years ago, that would have made life
So. Much. Easier.
That is why I coach individuals who have MS and other Chronic Illnesses, who are looking to find support and understanding from a coach who gets the struggle of healing and can navigate how to come out on the other side. This journey can be accomplished by recognizing how nutrition, movement and mindset all work together to create you as a unique person.
- Nutrition: Everyone is different and there is no one size fits all approach. Whether you are diving into AIP/Paleo, or just starting out on your health journey, finding the foods that work for you are the most important. I will help you learn to become aware of what your body is telling you and how the foods you eat are making you feel.
- Movement: Moving your body is essential to health and this looks different for everyone as well. Although I love short, quick and effective workouts, I’ll help you figure out what is best for you based on your health, where you are currently and your goals. We’ll figure out what is best for you and what will make you feel good in your body.
- Mindset: This can be the most important piece of the puzzle! How we view the world around us and how we interact with our world, can have a significant impact on our health and well being.
Having someone else there to help guide the way can be an invaluable resource when making daily changes.
We can work together 1-on-1 to explore what you want for your now, your future and find your WHY.
We will create goals together, then actionable steps that will get you to meet those goals.
My Promise to You
I am very invested in the coaching clients I have and the coaching process. I fully believe that coaching can have an incredible impact on someone’s life, and therefore I put forth a great deal of effort into the process. I promise I will do everything in my power to help you reach your goals. If something isn’t working quite right, we will try another solution. I believe that everyone has the capacity for healing and creating a life of optimal wellness and I will help you realize what that looks like for you.
During each of our conversations, I will come prepared, ready with research done and questions answered. I want to make the most of our time, and I hope you do as well. I will also be open and honest with you regarding my thoughts as I hope you would be with me also. Trust is an important component to the coaching relationship.
Do I know what I’m talking about?
I like to think that generally, I have a good head on my shoulders. But I also have the backing of being a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, NASM- Certified Personal Trainer and am a NTC (Nutritional Therapy Consultant).
I also have struggled with my own health issues, Multiple Sclerosis, since 2009. This has left me dealing with significant pain, fatigue and sensory issues (to name the major ones). I am no stranger to the overwhelm that chronic health problems can cause, and how to create the best life possible, despite these obstacles.
I have the unique ability to coach in many areas, fitness/movement, nutrition, mindset, or a combination of the three (usually those areas overlap at some point!). However, if you’d like to only start with one, that’s totally cool! We can discuss your goals and figure out what would be best for you.
For nutrition coaching, meetings are done by Skype sessions, or if you prefer, on the phone. Coaching is available for in person sessions if you live in the Boston area. I will also send a re-cap email to you after all Skype sessions, going over what we discussed and including any notes or homework we discussed.
For fitness/movement coaching, we can use Skype for form checks and demonstrations. Phone video can also be used when needed! I will also be sending programs via email and check ins can be done via email/text as well.
Coaching is best utilized at a length of 3 months or more. This gives optimal time for you to try different strategies and find out what works best for you. 3 months also allows for progress to be made, changes to programs or suggestions to be attempted.
However, I do understand that sometimes this commitment is not possible, yet you still want help with changing your lifestyle. Regardless of option chosen, I would hope that you take full advantage of our time and work diligently during our sessions as well as on your own at home.
Regardless of the time frame of coaching chosen, each month you are a client with me you’ll receive:
- 60 minute Skype/phone call at the beginning of the month to review your intake form, health assessment, discuss your plan and goals for the month.
- We can take as much or as little of the 60 minutes as you need to cover all the info.
- Based on your forms, assessment and goals, we’ll create a plan for your month with actionable steps.
- Whether your goals are to transition to an AIP style of eating, or starting a new restorative exercise program, we’ll figure out the best steps for you to take.
- 30 minute follow up call two weeks after initial call to check on status and get updates.
- This is a great time to dive deeper into what is and isn’t working for you, beyond email updates!
- Email/text support throughout the month to follow up on your current progress and answer any in the moment questions.
- Sometimes you’re out at the grocery store and are stuck about a product! I’m a text away!
Use the contact form below to schedule a FREE 30 min consult call where we can chat about your goals and struggles. If at the end of the phone call, we both decide working together would be a good fit, we can proceed!
I look forward to working with you! 🙂