I made these meatballs for the Paleo Potluck I attended a few weeks ago at my CrossFit gym. I loved them, even my sister who usually does not imbibe in my “crazy healthy food” loved them too. I took that as the ultimate supremo sign of approval, if she likes them, anyone will like them! Use these as an easy make ahead protein during the week, or bring them to a Grad Party or cookout like I did. They are super easy to heat up and carry around with you. Hell, even throw a few in your purse!
Just kidding. Kinda.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1LB Ground Pork (I’ve tried ground beef as well, but ground pork makes a tastier, more moist meatball, but ground beef would work fine too if you prefer)
- 2 tsp Sage
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Dill
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon (I sometimes put this in, sometimes not, depending on who I am cooking for, so I guess my point is that it’s optional, and they still tastes great)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line baking sheet with foil
- Combine ground meat with herbs, and mix well together.
- Use a large spoon to portion out the meat, roll into a ball and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on size of meatballs.
- Serve right away, or freeze for later!